- Agate and jasper Notre Dame Cathedral rosary
- Designed to reflect the colors and architecture of the cathedral
- Crown of Thorns crucifix and patriotic Joan of Arc centerpiece
The hearts of Catholics and non-Catholics alike stood still as we watched the beloved and unparalleled Notre Dame de Paris (Our Lady of Paris) Cathedral burn in April of 2019. While the walls of the cathedral are stone, the attic - affectionately called "the forest" - was made of 1,300 separate wood beams. This space between the stone ceiling and the lead roof burned hot and fast, endangering the entire structure. Fortunately, the bulk of the cathedral was saved, but the plans for reconstruction are still up in the air. The most important relics that were inside the cathedral were also saved: the Crown of Thorns,a piece of the True Cross, and a nail from the True Cross.
Our handcrafted, commemorative rosary is made as a tribute to the Cathedral of Notre Dame. The stone beads are made of agate and were selected to showcase the beautiful marbled tones found in the walls of the cathedral itself. The Italian Crown of Thorns crucifix reminds us of the relics saved from the fire. The Italian centerpiece features a courageous St. Joan of Arc, the patroness of France, lifting her banner in victory. A prayer card with the Mysteries of the Rosary is included.
- 8mm matte mountain thunder egg agate 8mm beads, opaque yellow picasso seed beads
- OF: 10mm mountain thunder egg agate beads, brown picasso seed beads, 3mm picture jasper beads
- Full rosary 19.5" (L)
- 1" ox. silver Joan of Arc centerpiece, made in Italy
- 2" ox. silver Crown of Thorns crucifix, made in Italy