- Designed by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
- Features colored beads that represent a different region of the world
- The different colors attract your attention while praying
- Each area of the world will be prayed for with this rosary
In February of 1951, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, inaugurated a World Mission Rosary. “We must pray, and not for ourselves, but for the world. Each of the five decades is of a different color to represent the continents.”
It calls to mind an area where the Church continues her evangelizing mission: GREEN for the forests and grasslands of Africa; BLUE for the ocean surrounding the Islands of the Pacific, WHITE represents Europe, the Vatican and the seat of the Holy Father, Red calling to mind the fire of faith that brought missionaries to the Americas, YELLOW the morning light of the East, for Asia.
Praying this Rosary, Archbishop Sheen said, would “aid the Holy Father and his Society for the Propagation of the Faith by supplying him with practical support, as well as prayers, for the poor mission territories of the world.”
Ready for gifting, this bright rosary is contained within a clear cross shaped box. Perfect addition to any sacramental gift.
- 1" x 0.75" Crucifix
- Approx. 13" Length
- 2mm wood beads
- Plastic Cross Box Approx. 2" x 1.5"