- Masculine design for daily prayer
- Simple, sturdy paracord, silver, and black, speckled obsidian
- Holy Face Five Wounds center and Crown of Thorns Crucifix
- Skull bead symbolic of Memento Mori, "Remember your death."
- Gift of powerful symbolism and strong faith for someone you cherish
This powerful and symbolic Rosary is a reminder of the age old Christian concept of Memento Mori, "Remember your death." It is a call to all faithful Christians to prepare to leave this life by loving and suffering well, and detaching from sin and earthly allurments so as to be united with God in heaven upon death. The design is austere, in keeping with detachment from the world and recognizing our own mortality.
Black reflective paracord holds Hail Mary beads of Snowflake Obsidian, speckled grey and black. Our Father beads are rugged silver plated brass. An antique silver skull bead bail holds the oxidized silver Crown of Thorns Crucifix. These call to mind the impermanence of this life and the pains of the Passion that saved us. A Holy Face and Five Wounds centerpiece made in Italy of oxidized silver reads, "Lord, May the light of your face shine upon us," in Latin, with the Christogram and Sunburst on the reverse. This side of the medal reads, "Mane Nobiscum Dominae," or "Stay with us, Lord."
A rugged and strongly symbolic gift for men, it includes a prayer card featuring the Mysteries of the Rosary and instruction in prayer.
+Bead color and size may vary slightly with each handmade design.
- 17" (L)
- Crown of Thorns Crucifix: 2" (H)
- Holy Face & Five Wounds Centerpiece: 1" (H)
- 8 mm Snowflake Obsidian, 10 mm Silver Plated Brass
- Paracord, Steel, Obsidian, Oxidized Silver