- Handcrafted Jasper and bronze beads
- Single decade rosary
- Patron for those impacted by geriatric mental illness
- Beautiful gift for patients and caretakers
Smaller than a full size rosary, this compact decade rosary features an Italian St. Dymphna medal, patron saint for those who are impacted by Alzheimers or Dementia. As your fingers move around the mysteries you will feel the cool, soothing Jasper beads. This ancient stone is listed in the Old Testament on the “Breastplate of Judgment” (Exodus 28:17-21) and is also listed as one of the gems found in the foundations of the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:19-20 and Isaiah 54:11). A matching prayer card includes a beautiful, moving prayer imploring St. Dymphna’s intercession. This little decade rosary can be easily slipped into your pocket and is a great companion to take with you on-the-go as a reminder of the patronage and intercession of St. Dymphna.
Prayer Card Text -
Front: St. Dymphna, intercede for us, and bring hope and serenity to all who suffer from the effects of Alzheimer’s.
Back: "Gentle St. Dymphna, patron of those with illnesses affecting the mind, be my intercessor to Jesus, the Divine Physician. In the face of loss of memory and control, increase my confidence in God’s providence. In the midst of confusion and isolation, remind me of God’s enduring peace and presence. Obtain for me courage and strength to accept these trials from the loving hand of God with patience; He knows what is best for the salvation of my soul. I offer this illness to God, for His glory and the salvation of souls, especially my own. Amen."
- Decade: 8mm Jasper beads, antique bronze faceted oval and demi round spacer beads
- OF Section: 10mm Jasper beads, antique bronze faceted oval spacer beads
- 3/4" oxidized silver St. Dymphna medal - made in Italy
- Rosary: 5 3/4" (L)
- Prayer card: 2.5" (W) x 4.25" (L)